Q: Do you take Insurance?
A: We do not take insurance. We send an electronic invoice on the 5th of each month. If your health plan covers out of network providers for mental health services, you can complete your insurance claim form and submit it to your insurer along with the invoice to get reimbursed. If you are unsure about your health plan’s claim procedures, we encourage you to contact your insurance company.
People without insurance or who can not afford therapy, can try here.
Q: Where are you located and are you wheel chair accessible?
A: Our San Francisco office is located is at 538 Hayes Street, San Francisco, 94102 between Octavia and Laguna Streets. There is metered street parking as well as the Performing Arts Garage on Gough Street. This building is not wheel chair accessible and it does have stairs to get to the office.
Our Berkeley office is located at 3036 Regent Street Berkeley, 94705 on the corner of Regent and Prince. The building is wheelchair accessible.
Q: How often do we meet?
A: Ideally, we meet weekly. However, we are aware that this schedule is not always possible for everyone. If that is the case you will meet with your therapist every other week.
Q: If I need to speak to a person prior to scheduling a consult how do I do this?
A: At the Bay Area Relationship Center we have what we call a Client Ambassador. Her name is Breanne Rising. She can answer questions about which therapist might be the best match for you and the cost of therapy. She can also help you schedule a session if needed. Call our number and Breanne will return your call within 4 hours.
Q: What are good questions to ask during a phone consult?
A: Questions to ask in a phone consult:
- How many years have you been practicing?
- I have been feeling (anxious, tense, depressed, etc.) and I'm having problems (with my job, my relationship, eating, sleeping, etc.). What experience do you have helping people with these types of problems?
- What’s your approach to therapy?
- In couples therapy do you meet with both of us each time?
- What are your fees?
- Do you take insurance?
Questions to ask yourself after the phone consultation:
- Did you feel relaxed when speaking with the therapist?
- Did you have enough time to ask questions and go at your own pace?
- Did the therapist seem to “get” your questions?
- Did you understand the responses to the questions you asked?
- Could you imagine opening up with this person?
Q: Do you work with individuals as well?
A: We work with many individuals. We help people with issues including self-confidence problems, anxiety, depression, phobias, and relationship issues.